Updated 2021 – Top 10 52 Av Receiver Home Theater
Finding your suitable readers for 5.2 av receiver home theater is not easy. You may need consider between hundred or thousand products from many store. In this article, we make a short list of the best readers for 5.2 av receiver home theater including detail information and customer reviews. Let’s find out which is your favorite one.
668 reviews analysed
1. Pioneer Vsx Lx104 7 2 Ch Network Receiver
- MCACC Auto Room Tuning: With the custom microphone, the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level and distance, and equalizes response.
- Next Generation Video Standard Ready: The VSX-LX104 supports pass-through for HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), and Dolby Vision signals.
- DTS:X/DTS Neural:X Upmixing: DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences.
- Works with SONOS: By connecting the VSX-LX104 to Sonos Connect, you can play any music or audio source on your Sonos app.
- Remote Controller
- Dolby Atmos/Dolby Surround Upmixing: The VSX-LX104 is compatible with 5.2.2ch configuration of the latest theater sound platform, Dolby Atmos.
Indulge yourself in 5.2.2ch surround sound created by Dolby Atmos or DTS:X, and even without height or surround speakers, you can still experience similar effects by Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer*1 and DTS Virtual:X*1. Enjoy superior images with Ultra HD, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision pass through and support for HDCP 2.2. You can also stream songs from various sources via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, DTS Play-Fi, SONOS system, and Apple AirPlay 2*1. Other highlights include Powered Zone 2 feature with a dedicated DAC, Personal Preset buttons, and 2 HDMI outputs.Features:AmplificationChannels: 7Amplification Type: Direct Energy170 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 %, 1ch Driven) 80 W/ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.08 %, 2ch Driven FTC)Audio FeaturesDolby Atmos, Dolby Surround Upmixer supports DTS FormatsDolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus384 kHz/32-bit D/A Conversion with AK4458 (AKM)Video FeaturesUltra HD Pass-through with HDCP 2.2Ultra HD Upscaling3D ReadyHome Network FeaturesApple AirPlay 2*1Works with SONOSHi-Res Audio File Playback via USB/NetworkConvenience FeaturesDual Band (5 GHz/2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi Built-inBluetooth Built-inFront TerminalsUSB 1 In for USB DriveMCACC Setup MIC InAudio 1 InPhones 1 OutRear TerminalsHDMI 6 InHDMI 2 OutEthernet 1 InUSB 1 In for USB DriveAudio 4 InPhono (MM) 1 InDigital Coaxial 1 InDigital Optical 1 InSpeaker 9ch OutSpecificationsPower Requirements: AC 120 V, 60 HzPower Consumption: 460 WDimensions (W x H x D): 17.13 x 6.81 x 14.56 inchesWeight: 20.7 lbs.
2. Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver, 5.2 channel, 4K Ultra HD Audio and Video, Home Theater System, built-in Bluetooth and USB port, Compatible with HEOS Link for Wireless Music Streaming
- OUR EASY ON-SCREEN SETUP ASSISTANT walks you through clear simple instructions to connect your TV, specific EQ settings and helps you optimize your surround sound
- YOUR FAVORITE MUSIC AT YOUR FINGERTIPS – With a built-in Bluetooth, amp up your music from eight different devices, be it a computer or any other smart device and transmit it to a wide range of speaker systems. CREATE AN INTEGRATED AUDIO SYSTEM in conjunction with DENON HEOS LINK for a thrilling multi-room experience, which also allows you to play back music from almost every digital streaming service like Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora and many more
- FOUR QUICK SELECT BUTTONS ON THE FRONT PANEL help you store your preferred audio settings for television, Blu-Ray, and more, and allows you to switch between them quickly
- With its 100-year legacy and Japanese precision technology, Denon AV Receiver S540BT DELIVERS MULTI-DIMENSIONAL SURROUND SOUND with 5.2 channel compatibility and SUPPORTS 4K ULTRA HD PICTURE QUALITY, perfect for your home theater and entertainment system
- MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR NEW 4K ULTRA HD TV. This stereo receiver delivers exceptional brightness, contrast and color leveraging industry leading HLG (hybrid Log-Gamma), HDR (High Dynamic Range), BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling to impress even the most discerning viewers. Experience 5 AMPLIFIERS (140W per channel) driving amazing power, realistic display and immersive sound across any room
- You can also connect the Denon AVR with your Smart TV remote and ACCESS ALL YOUR SPEAKER SOURCES AND SURROUND MODE SELECTIONS USING JUST ONE REMOTE. Or simply USE YOUR SMARTPHONE AS A REMOTE. Download the Denon 500 Series Remote app for iOS and Android and get control the receiver through your phone! Convenient, isn’t it?
If you are the sort of a person who doesn’t compromise on quality and is ready to shell a little extra then Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver, 5.2 channel, 4K Ultra HD Audio and Video, Home Theater System, built-in Bluetooth and USB port, Compatible with HEOS Link for Wireless Music Streaming is your choice. They say you either buy a quality product once or buy cheap products every day, the cost comes to same.
The new Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver, 5.2 channel, 4K Ultra HD Audio and Video, Home Theater System, built-in Bluetooth and USB port, Compatible with HEOS Link for Wireless Music Streaming comes with best Price. It is industry’s most trusted, most preferred and quality 52 Av Receiver Home Theater and it considered as Gold Standard by many users as well as non-users.
If you are looking for a long-time investment with a quality 52 Av Receiver Home Theater then don’t look beyond Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver, 5.2 channel, 4K Ultra HD Audio and Video, Home Theater System, built-in Bluetooth and USB port, Compatible with HEOS Link for Wireless Music Streaming. The product is featured, highlighted and appreciated in Reviews of 52 Av Receiver Home Theater in 2020 and this has been backed by many users.
- I did not know anything about this brand, but my son did some research and i am pleased with this product
- Sound quality is what i had hoped for, and thank you denon for making an affordable model for us audiophiles with a tight budget.
- I had trouble with the setup as the quick start instructions implied that you could activate bluetooth and tech support was clo… Read More
- Using polk fronts & sub woofer and klipsch center and rears the sound quality is very nice with a number of different settings … Read More
- Obvisouly they last and the sound quality is great.
- I’m happy with features, setup, and price was fair.
- Purchased unit to upgrade sound system (hmdi) on screen setup was a breeze, worked right out of the box
- Sounds awesome with polk sub and surround with cerwin- vega 315 mains.
- I have my tv (output) tied in with my blueray, xbox, cable box, firestick, and i still have an empty hdmi input.
- Now i can use all the same devices (roku, blu-ray, chromecast, etc) and get full resolution.
- Awsome amp for 300$ well worth it now I have bluetooth
3. Sony Strdh550 5 2 Channel Receiver
- Supports 4K pass-through,HDMI Audio Return Channel for playback of TV audio5
- Headphone Output
- Composite Video Input (2)
- Enhanced use via On Screen Display and streamlined remote. Immersive, ambient audio with HD Digital Cinema Sound
- 5.2 Ch, 725W A/V Receiver (145 W x 7 at 6 ohms).Input and output terminals HDMI Video In/Out (4/1)
- Opt Audio Input (2)
- Composite Monitor Out (1)
- Flexible HDMI connectivity with 4 inputs and 1 output
- Coax. Audio Input (1)
- MHL (1 Rear)
- USB (1 Front:iPhone/WM)
- Supports high-res file playback via USB
- Analogue Audio Input (4)
Bring the excitement home with 5.2 channels, 725 watts8 and iPhone and iPod connectivity. It also handles all of your components with 4 HD inputs and 4K resolution pass-through. Now, all of your music and movies will get the multi-layered sound quality they deserve with HD Digital Cinema Sound and auto calibration for easy set-up.Input and Output Terminals:HDMI Video In/Out (4/1);Composite Video Input (2);Composite Monitor Out (1);Opt Audio Input (2);Coax. Audio Input (1);Analog Audio Input (4);Headphone Output;USB (1 Front:iPhone/WM);MHL (1 Rear) Input Output Terminals: HDMI Video In/Out (4/1)Composite Video Input (2)Composite Monitor Out (1)Opt Audio Input (2)Coax. Audio Input (1)Analog Audio Input (4)Headphone OutputUSB (1 Front: iPhone/WM)MHL (1 Rear)
4. Sony Strdn1080 Channel Theater Receiver
- DYNAMIC SETUP: 6 in/2 out HDMI flexibility, front USB port and optical digital/analog AV connections
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL SYSTEM: Enjoy a multi channel stereo setup and preset channel FM / AM radio tuner
- AUTO CALIBRATION: D.C.A.C. EX and virtual speaker relocation technology optimize sound to any room
- EASY LISTENING: The STRDN1080 has Chromecast and is AirPlay, Multi-Room and Google Home compatible
- IN THE BOX: Receivers include a calibration microphone, FM wire antenna, remote control, batteries
- SPECS: 1155W, 6 ohm, 1kHz, THD 0.9% A/V receiver with 2nd zone and available 3rd zone connectivity
- 4K PASS THROUGH: 4K HDR compatible with HDCP 2.2 support for sharper source to screen image quality
- PHANTOM SURROUND SETTING: Experience 7 channel surround sound with only a 5 channel speaker setup
- ADVANCED AUDIO: DTS:X object based surround sound adapts to your speaker configuration in real time
Sony Strdn1080 Channel Theater Receiver is a veteran in the market and has been here for a long time. It offers something of a unique feature which no other competitor offers.
Go for Sony Strdn1080 Channel Theater Receiver if you want to try out something of a fusion of new and classic. Fun & Interesting Fact about 52 Av Receiver Home Theater is that even though Sony Strdn1080 Channel Theater Receiver is a veteran, the users are mostly younger generation. You can say fashion makes a turn after a century or so and things repeat.
- Since i am not a sound quality diva, ease of operation and features are important to me.
- But, overall quality of receiver is great and set-up was relative easy.
- The sound is lower and poor quality when using arc.
- I’m very happy with the product and haven’t had any issues but one: there was no calibration mic in the box even though it’s su… Read More
- There seems to be some quirky things going on with the earc hdmi handshake, but i’m not sure if it’s the receiver or my bravia tv.
- I would say these are worth if the price comes down to about $400 during holiday sales.
- He really liked this receiver until he got to the earc part.
- I’m tempted to move this to a 5-star rating, but not quite yet.
- My dvd player and projector do not have those so will have to use a firestick or roku connected to hdmi input for the streaming services.
- Excellent new system to replace my older Sony Receiver Surround Sound Home Theater. Replaced due to issue with my older box be… Read More
- Update: I’ve now had this receiver for about a week and really like it. I’m tempted to move this to a 5-star rating, but not qu… Read More
5. 1000W Bluetooth Home Theater Receiver
- includes a remote control
- 1000W PEAK POWER: The Pyle 5. 2 channel hi-fi home theater receiver is perfect for your home entertainment system. Gives you 1000W peak power to be used for speakers and subwoofers w/ 4-16 ohms impedance, lets you enjoy high quality amplified audio
- EQ CONTROLS: The home amplifier with Bluetooth has 2 ¼” mic inputs with independent input source selection. Equipped w/ next-gen audio DSP sound processing technology and controls for echo, bass, treble, microphone, and volume adjustments
- DIGITAL VFD Display: The home theater surround sound receiver system has a built-in VFD display w/ AM/FM radio. Features front panel control center & integrated over the current, short circuit and over-voltage protection
- Connect and stream audio/video from external devices via USB, RCA, HDMI, optical/digital audio
- 4K UHD TV SUPPORT: The AV digital amp box is equipped w/ 4K Ultra HD TV, 3D and Blu ray video pass-through support w/ dedicated RCA subwoofer output
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: The professional integrated high powered stereo receiver is equipped w/ Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including Smartphones, iPhone, iPad and computers with hassle Free receiver pairing
If you are buying a 52 Av Receiver Home Theater for the first time, then you should have 1000W Bluetooth Home Theater Receiver. It has fewer features when you make 52 Av Receiver Home Theater comparisons of 1000W Bluetooth Home Theater Receiver with any other 52 Av Receiver Home Theater but what it has is ease of use and best in class service. Go ahead and Grab a 52 Av Receiver Home Theater, grab any 52 Av Receiver Home Theater but if you are first time user and want a good experience do not look anywhere other than 1000W Bluetooth Home Theater Receiver
6. Onkyo Tx Sr494 Receiver Ultra Dolby
Onkyo Tx Sr494 Receiver Ultra Dolby is a relatively new and late entrant in the market but surprisingly has surpassed beyond 1000W Bluetooth Home Theater Receiver – 5.2-Ch Surround Sound Stereo Amplifier System With 4K Ultra HD, 3D Video & Blu-Ray Video Pass-Through Supports, MP3/USB/AM/FM Radio – Pyle PT696BT which have been in market longer than anyone. Onkyo Tx Sr494 Receiver Ultra Dolby brings you the best of the quality in the lowest possible cost. The Best feature of Onkyo Tx Sr494 Receiver Ultra Dolby is what has kept in the market.
It certainly makes appearance in Reviews of 52 Av Receiver Home Theater in 2020 owing to its price penetration strategy in the market. If you own a 52 Av Receiver Home Theater and it could be any of the high value 52 Av Receiver Home Theater, chances are that would be much costlier than Onkyo Tx Sr494 Receiver Ultra Dolby. Onkyo Tx Sr494 Receiver Ultra Dolby will have more than 50% of all its features.
7. Yamaha Rx V4a 5 2 Channel Receiver Musiccast
- HDMI with HDCP 2.3 and eARC (4 in / 1 out)
- Dolby Vision, Hybrid-Log Gamma and BT.2020
- YPAO room calibration
- MusicCast multi-room audio and MusicCast Surround capable with MusicCast 20 or MusicCast 50 wireless surround speakers
- Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz/5 GHz, AirPlay 2, MusicPlay (iOS and Android) and Spotify Connect
- 4K/60, 4K/120AB, 8K/60B, HDMI 2.1 (via future update)
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- Voice control with Alexa and Google Assistant devices or Siri via AirPlay 2
- Pandora, Spotify, Napster, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Deezer, Qobuz, Amazon Music
Yamaha Rx V4a 5 2 Channel Receiver Musiccast is another one which falls under 52 Av Receiver Home Theater for money. It is most regularly advertised product and we see ads of it almost everywhere. In the past, Yamaha Rx V4a 5 2 Channel Receiver Musiccast ’s parent company decided to launch a new line of 52 Av Receiver Home Theater and that is what has revived them. Yamaha Rx V4a 5 2 Channel Receiver Musiccast has really upgraded itself to the current style and market changes and the best part of Yamaha Rx V4a 5 2 Channel Receiver Musiccast is amazing features.
8. Wireless Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier
- EQ CONTROLS: This multi purpose 5-channel compact home theater digital stereo receiver box features crisp buttons and rotary knob controls for audio adjustment. Includes 12V adapter and remote control for easy distant audio adjustments
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: The small personal integrated indoor stereo receiver is equipped with Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops, computers w/ hassle-free receiver pairing
- 100 WATT POWER: The Pyle 5 Channel HiFi Audio Amplifier w/ 100W peak power gives your entertainment system a boost! Offers low distortion w/ acoustically accurate audio reproduction allowing you to enjoy crisp and high quality amplified audio
- FRONT CONTROL PANEL: The compact amplifier which features full range stereo sound reproduction has a built-in LCD display w/ crisp buttons for the functions such as standby , tuner (-/+), surround, mute, input and a rotary control knob for the volume
- 4 INPUTS: The professional Hi-Fi amp supports various external devices. Features RCA subwoofer output, AUX RCA L/R audio inputs, HDMI output + 2 HDMI inputs, FM radio antenna input, 5 sets of spring loaded speaker terminal connectors
Wireless Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier is present in top 10 since a long time. In terms of customer satisfaction and ease of use, Wireless Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier wins the users. Most of them who buy Wireless Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier once wont by anything else although it offers very limited features and specifications.
The only reason for brand loyalty is ease of use. This product had a special mention in Reviews of 52 Av Receiver Home Theater in 2020 for not expanding user base but definitely not loosing any. The shift of people from 52 Av Receiver Home Theater to any other 52 Av Receiver Home Theater is least.
- We are thoroughly pleased and impressed with the sound quality.
- A very compact and cost efficient product.
- Good product, the manual for set up sound is not so clear instructions.
- Works good doesn’t work for my xbox one s for 4k.
- Love it, will try other new this product
- You have to be careful with the remote when you press the preset not to hold it over 2 sec.
- It far surpasses more expensive competitors units.
- Like the fm is weak it may needa roof antenna to get some distant stations .
- Great price great quality and sound
- This is a great little amp. It does everything it’s designed to do well. I’d have liked an optical input but that wouldn’t co… Read More
- Sounds great with my 4 ceiling speakers with xbox audio and fm. Small and compact and easy setup.
9. Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision
- In the box: Receiver unit, Remote control, Size AAA Batteries for Remote control, FM wire antenna (aerial), Start-up guide, Operating Instructions
- 7.2 Ch x 145W per channel (6ohms, 1kHz, 1ch THD 0.9%)
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object-based surround sound
- Advanced Auto Calibration technology (Adv. DCAC)
- S-FORCE PRO front surround sound
- HDMI 4-in/1-out with Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream from other Bluetooth devices
- 4K HDR/Dolby Vision compatibility with HDCP 2.2 support
Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision is again a mid of quality and price. It offers limited features in this pricing. There is another variant of Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision which falls into premium category but Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Visionis specifically targeted for mid-segment.
Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision offers such a amazing features which makes it better than 70% of 52 Av Receiver Home Theater available in the market today. Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision was our personal favorite and was voted as most admired product in TOP 10 Best 52 Av Receiver Home Theater to Buy in 2020 – TOP Picks. We hope it makes to that list again this year.
- The sound quality is great as i have not upgraded in awhile so my knowledge of what out there is slim.
- Great buy for the money and quality product.
- Audio quality is excellent, and it even has analog stereo audio in for my now-ancient jvc vcr (yes, i still have tapes).
- Once i figured everything out, i am totally pleased with the excellent sound, i like the dts-neural settings.
- Very soft clear sound, and good price!
- Other than that, for the price, that’s nothing better.
- For the price (300-ish), this thing has just the right power and hookups i need, not sure why you’d wanna spend any more, unles… Read More
- Just remember these items take a pounding in shipping.
- One of the top reviews mentions no hdmi cec for the receiver, but it definitely does have it; i didn’t have to even configure a… Read More
- I actually thought the six dt speakers would hook up to the tv like a soundbar.
- I mated a new polk psw10 10 subwoofer to this sony, and the sound/volume of my system is now truly impressive.
- Upgrading from a sony 1000w htib and there’s just no competition.
- The user interface is a bit clunky (c’mon sony), but it works just fine once it’s set up.
- Timely Delivery & consideration of shippers.I truly appreciate you getting this receiver to my husband before the Super Bowl st… Read More
- Picked this up for my new home theater. I am running an Atmos 5.2.2 setup. Some other reviewers have indicated that it only run… Read More
10. Denon Avr X1600h Receiver Channel Virtualization
- ENJOY WIRELESS STREAMING with Pandora, Spotify, Tidal & more via Bluetooth, Wi Fi, & AirPlay 2. Play the same song in every room or a different one in each connected room with HEOS MULTI ROOM SPEAKERS
- ADVANCED HDMI VIDEO SECTION WITH eARC support (HDMI 6 in / 1 out) – Features 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video with full HDCP 2.3 support, 4:4:4 pure color sub sampling, Dolby vision, HDR10, HLG, eARC, 3D & BT.2020
- MULTI DIMENSIONAL AUDIO – In addition to Dolby Atmos, DTS:X & DTS Virtual:X, the AVR X1600H also supports Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology that creates virtual height effects even without the height channels for a truly immersive experience
- Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice control – Use your voice to control the AVR X1600H and wireless music services hands free
- AMAZON ALEXA VOICE CONTROL – Sit back and enjoy music without having to reach out for the remote every now and then! Control this amp hands free with Amazon Alexa. Adjust the volume, change the track or switch the inputs – “Just Ask”
- YOUR HOME AT YOUR FINGERTIPS – Denon’s In command series receiver AVR X1600H features external control & IP control capabilities for seamless integration with Home Automation Systems like Control4 SDPP and allows REMOTE MONITORING of connected device
- AWARD WINING ON SCREEN QUICK SETUP GUIDE walks you through simple, clear instructions to connect your TV, specify EQ settings & helps you optimize your surround sound. The back panel is laid out with color coded connections that makes organizing simple
- POWERFUL 7 CHANNEL AMPLIFIER WITH THE LATEST HOME CINEMA TECHNOLOGY – 80 watts per channel delivers high power performance & operational stability for a range of speakers with HDCP 2.3 & advanced video processing with 4K upscaling for HDMI sources
Music lovers always appreciate good sound quality, and an AV (audio/video) receiver provides you with a nonpareil experience. The market is inundated with gadgets every day, and it is not easy to buy one without doing a little homework. If you want to get the most out of your home entertainment system, an audio/video receiver (AVR) is a must. It is the focal point of a home theater system. You need an AVR for a multitude of tasks, ranging from supplying power to your speakers to enabling surround sound. Having a clear idea of the features that you should be looking for is the first step towards making a suitable choice. To make your research easier, we have devised a useful guide to help you buy the best AV receiver, after going through thousands of AV receiver reviews on the Internet.
The best AVRs can be classified on the basis of the number of audio inputs and output ports that they feature, the number of channels that they support, and the number of speakers they can power.
5.1 Channel–It is the basic model that support five speakers and one sub-woofer.
7.1 Channel–This model supports two additional speakers, making it a total of seven, and a sub-woofer for a richer sound.
7.2 Channel–This is one of the best AVRs, designed for larger rooms and higher configuration home theater systems. It supports an additional sub-woofer for a more even distribution of sound.
9.2 Channel– This is the latest AV receiver that supports up to nine speakers and two sub-woofers.
Warranty: Most users would recommend choosing a product with a reliable warranty. When you invest a substantial amount of money in an appliance, you would like to have the benefit of easy replacement of parts in the event of any manufacturing defects.
Ease of use: Using all the features to your best advantage is only possible if you understand them clearly. It is quite clear that most users prefer user-friendly interfaces that can be regulated with ease.
Stay away from cheap products: Most users would recommend that you should always opt for reliable brands that offer quality products and best after-sales services.
What to consider before buying an AV receiver
Today’s market is filled with many types of AV receivers and an equally high number of features—which can leave you perplexed as to which one to choose. We have put together a few factors for you to consider before you make a purchase:
Check the number of inputs: Opt for an AV receiver that comes with at least six input points. This, indeed, is the most important feature to be considered. Also, ensure there are a number of HDMI inputs, as most of the gadgets you use today are HDMI devices.
Do not go by the latest model: Decide on the model based on the features you would really need. With each new model, new features get added: Airplay streaming, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Dolby Atmos, etc.–the list goes on. However, wireless capabilities, streaming features, and a USB port can be considered necessary—don’t compromise on those features.
Decide on the stereo/surround option: Opt for stereo if the purpose of the AV receiver is to listen to quality music. An AV receiver with a surround mode is meant for home theater use. Although a stereotype receiver is old-fashioned, it is the ideal one if you plan to listen to music only. You can save a substantial sum of money by not buying the surround type–unless, of course, you feel you really want it.
Check the power: This determines the quality of sound transmitted by your receiver. A high-wattage receiver will provide better sound quality even at low and medium volumes. Keep in mind the size and sensitivity of your speakers while selecting an AVR. Also, you should consider the size and design of the room in which you are planning to set up your equipment before making a decision about the relevant amplification.Buy the receiver that is powerful enough for accommodating the connected speakers, as well as the room in which it is located. The larger the room, the more the power that is required. Also, with the “All channels driven” specification, you can be sure that sound will be amplified to all channels.
Check connectivity – The ideal AVR should have an adequate number of input and output ports to accommodate all your equipment, as well as some spare ports. The technology to look out for in this department is HDMI (High-definition Multimedia Interface), which gives you the best video and audio output. Your AVR should feature digital connections–you should also ensure that it has the correct inputs, keeping in mind the equipment you plan to connect to it.
Ensure adequate features– Typically, AVRs incorporate several features to regulate the quality of audio and video output. Multi-channel stereo, traditional surround sound and simulated environments such as jazz club and concert hall environments are the buzzwords in audio capability. Latest video capabilities include 3D streaming, multi-screen display, and video processing. Making a list of features that you require may narrow down your choices.
Latest fads: Bluetooth, Airplay, Song Pal and Wi-Fi are some of the features to look for. Bluetooth connectivity allows you to connect your AVR with any kind of Bluetooth-enabled device for streaming audio and visual files. Airplay connectivity is limited to Apple products. SongPal is a Sony app that allows you to stream music from your smartphone. Wi-Fi is another useful feature that you would like to have to access your home Internet connection without the use of an external Ethernet cable.
Interface: The wide range of features would not be of any use if you cannot figure out the way to use them optimally. The best AVRs come with a user-friendly graphical interface that is easy to understand and regulate.
Calibration: A number of AVRs now offer automatic calibration that checks and configures systems and settings on their own. This feature makes life easier, especially if your knowledge of audio-video systems is limited.
Pioneer, established in 1938 in Japan, is one of the leading manufacturers of the best quality musical equipment.
Yamaha is a Japanese company that has grown to become the world’s largest manufacturer of a range of musical instruments, audio/visual products, and other related products.
Onkyo Corporation from Japan is known for their musical equipment and AVRs. Their advanced products are very popular with users.